2013 King Turkey DaysPublished by on
2013 King Turkey Days
Welcome to your guide the 2013 King Turkey Days! This year is chockful of great events to help celebrate the festivals with daily activities!
A reminder that the Worthington Police Department asks parade-goers not to place chairs along the parade route until after 7 p.m. next Friday.
2013 Medallion Hunt
In conjunction with King Turkey Days, that means the medallion hunt is ON! If you find the Medallion, please bring it to the Worthington Area Chamber of Commerce. Here is the Medallion Clue #4:
"Shelter, playground, benches and tables galore Sit and admire the view from the shore. When relaxing is all done Don your sneakers for a Fun Run."
"Out past the golf course & the Homestead to find a place to park your bed. Stop to rest, to picnic, or play. Bring your pole to fish all day."
"The clues are written to unveil And set you on the proper trail. So down a trail you will go, to find a treasure, as you know."
Clue # 1:
"Come one, come all, King Turkey Day is always a ball. Somewhere in the city the medallion rests, snuggled securely in a woodland nest."
King Turkey Day is selling weekend pass wristbands for the inflatables at the Nobles County Fairgrounds, Friday and Saturday. Wristbands at $10.00 a piece and are good for both days. You can purchase the wristbands at the Chamber of Commerce, Paychecks Treasure Chest or at the Nobles County Fairgrounds Friday and Saturday.
King Turkey Day 10K Racers: Runners in this year's 10K can pick up their race number and computer chip this Friday night, September 13th from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Worthington YMCA. Pre-reigstered participants are strongly encouraged to pick up their packet in advance to help avoid congestion on race day. Packet pickup will otherwise be held Saturday morning from 8:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Trends Beauty Salon.
- 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. King Turkey Day Mixer (Pioneer Village)
All of the fun of King Turkey Day kicks off tonight with the King Turkey Day Mixer, from 5 to 9 p.m. at Pioneer Village. A King Turkey Day button is all that is needed to enter, and the mixer includes a free meal featuring hot turkey sandwiches and potato salad. A small beer garden will be set up on site, and picnic tables will provide seating in and around the big barn on the village grounds. There will be a short program to introduce the 2013 KTD parade marshals and announce this year’s honorary turkey.
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Worthington Garden Club Flower Show (Wells Fargo Bank)
- 3:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. 2nd Annual Turkey Day Vendor Expo Expo Building (Fairgrounds)
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. King Turkey Day Wine Tasting (Liquor Store)
- 4:00 p.m. until dark (approx. 8:00 p.m.) Giant Sandbox Treasure Hunt (Fairgrounds)
- 4:00 p.m. - 11:59 p.m. Beer Garden (Nobles County Fairgrounds)
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Meet the Worthington & Cuero Race Teams (Beer Garden)
- 5:00 p.m. - close Food Vendors Open (Fairgrounds)
- 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Midway (Fairgrounds)
- 5:00 p.m. until dark (approx. 8:00 p.m.) Helicopter Rides (Grandstands)
- 9:00 p.m. Turkey Scavenger Hunt (Fairgrounds)
- 5:00 p.m. Zumba with Amy Roesner (Grandstands)
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Turkey Day 10K Race Packet Pickup (YMCA)
- 6:00 p.m. Pig Race Shows & Games (Fairgrounds)
- 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Daisy Chain (Beer Garden)
- 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Elk’s/VFW Beer Garden (Downtown)
- 7:00 p.m. Bean Bag Tournament (Beer Garden)
- 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. PM Music (DJ) (Beer Garden)
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Smokin’ Gobbler Cook -Off (Fairgrounds)
- 8:45 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Turkey Day 10K Race Packet Pickup (Trends Salon)
- 9:00 a.m. YMCA 5K Family Fun Walk (Downtown)
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Free Pancake Breakfast (Fire Station on Second Avenue)
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 2nd Annual Turkey Day Vendor Expo (Fairgrounds)
- 9:00 a.m. until dark Helicopter Rides (Grandstands)
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The History of King Turkey Day (N.C. Historical Society)
- 10:00 a.m. until gone Brat Feed & Pork Chop on a Stick (VFW)
- 10:00 a.m. Disc Golf Ace Race Tournament (registration: 9:00 a.m.) Sunset Bay Disc Golf Course
- 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 pm. Midway (Fairgrounds)
- 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Turkey Scavenger Hunt (Fairgrounds)
- 10:30 a.m. 10K Run (Tenth Street)
- 11:00 a.m. - close Food Vendors (Fairgrounds)
- 11:00 a.m. start Horseshoe Tournament (Team – 10:00 a.m. Registration) Chautauqua Park
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Hot Turkey on Bun Meal (First United Methodist Church)
- 12:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Elk’s/VFW Beer Garden (Downtown)
- 1:00 p.m. - 11:59 p.m. Beer Garden (Fairgrounds)
- 1:00 p.m. Featured Speaker (Tenth Street)
- 1:30 p.m. Great Gobbler Gallop (Tenth Street)
- 2:00 p.m. Grand Parade (Tenth Street)
- 3:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. 2nd Annual Turkey Day Vendor Expo (Fairgrounds)
- 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Mr. Twister (Fairgrounds)
- 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Plain Train Free Rides for Kids (Fairgrounds)
- 4:00 p.m. until dark Giant Sandbox Treasure Hunt (Fairgrounds)
- 4:00 p.m. until gone Breaded Baked Pork Chop Supper (Eagles Lodge)
- 4:00 p.m. Elk’s Lodge Smorgasbord (Elk’s Lodge)
- 5:00 p.m. Pig Race Shows & Games (Fairgrounds)
- 5:00 p.m. Smokin’ Gobbler Cook-Off Awards Ceremony (Beer Garden - Fairgrounds)
- 8:00 p.m. Hairball (doors open at 6:30 p.m.) (Arena - Fairgrounds)
- 9:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. IV Play (The Tap Bar & Grill)
- 10:00 p.m. Safe Cabs Begin (Available free for people going home ONLY, normal costs apply for other drop-off locations)
- 8:00 a.m. & 10 a.m. - 16th Annual Ecumenical County Western Services (Barn - Pioneer Village)
- 9:00 a.m. - 18th Annual Ecumenical Country Western Woship Service via The Koi Family (Memorial Auditorium)
- 1:00 p.m. - King of the Hill Horseshoe Touornament (Chautauqua Park)