Bigelow firefighters kept busy this weekPublished by on
BIGELOW – The Bigelow Fire Department has been extremely busy this week. Tuesday they were called to a motorcycle versus deer crash, Thursday they were alerted to a small brushfire, and at 2 a.m. this morning they responded to a report of a barn fire at 33887 King Avenue in Rushmore. According to Bigelow firefighter Terry Neugebauer, the property owner had been burning garbage earlier, which likely sparked the blaze that burned the barn to the ground. Neugebauer said the structure was already beyond saving when the department responded. They stayed on scene approximately 2 hours putting out the blaze. No livestock was in the barn, which was primarily used for storage.