Road to Higher Yields Farm Tour Starts SoonPublished by on
Starting Aug. 20, The Mosaic Company will begin a 10-day tour across the Corn Belt -- coined The Road to Higher Yields Farm Tour -- and travel by branded bus to visit six farms in six states to spotlight the crop nutrition programs and experiences of the Pursuit of 300 Farmers as they push for higher yields.
Each stop along the Farm Tour will feature a two-part morning and afternoon event. The first part will give members of the media an opportunity to talk with an industry-leading Pursuit Farmer as well as take a detailed look into that Pursuit Farmer's Pursuit Field--showcasing the progress of their 100-or-more acres and uncovering the new techniques and practices they've implemented this year in order to push yield while maintaining efficiency.
Part two of the event includes an off-site educational session, led by Mosaic and the local retail partner, about planning a balanced crop nutrition program, using micronutrients for high-yield cropping systems, and understanding the sustainability benefits of 4R Nutrient Stewardship principles. Mosaic will also share a new video highlighting technique for examining soil profiles, digging a root pit, and identifying nutrients needed to achieve 300-bushel yields.
The Farm Tour stops include:
- Aug. 20: Hoxie, Kan. (Mitchell Baalman and CPS Kansas)
- Aug. 21: West Point, Neb. (Todd Prinz and Central Valley Ag)
- Aug. 22: Lake Crystal, Minn. (Matt and Luke Lantz and Crystal Valley Co-op)
- Aug. 23: Holland, Iowa (Dale Launstein and Heartland Co-op)
- Aug. 26: Walnut, Ill. (James Schoff and Ag View FS)
- Aug. 28: 2013 Farm Progress Show, Decatur, Ill.
- Aug. 29: Crawfordsville, Ind. (Curt and Chris Hudson and CPS Indiana)
Learn more about The Road to Higher Yields Farm Tour and the Pursuit of 300 at http://www.Pursuitof300.com/Farm-Tour. Follow live tour updates on Facebook and Twitter.