MN State FFA Convention ResultsPublished by on
Tuesday evening saw the wrap-up of the 84th Minnesota State FFA Convention held at the University of Minnesota. Several local FFA chapters brought the heat to the State FFA Convention, combining their experiences and knowledge in order to WIN State FFA in several CDEs! Congratulations to the following teams:
- Worthington: 1st place Meats Judging (WWG Andrew Merrick took 1st individual, WHS Turner Hagen 2nd - tied for 1st but tie breaker bumped him to 2nd, - WHS Kirsten Aljets was 4th, WHS Carson Hagen was 8th and WHS Trevor Wietzema was 10th.)
- Jackson County Central: 1st place Ag Mechanics (JCC Spencer Johnson took 1st individual)
- Jackson County Central: 1st place Agriculture Sale (JCC Shelby Benson took 1st individual)
- Jackson County Central: 1st place Food, Science, & Technology (JCC Adriane Rentschler took 1st individual)
- Jackson County Central: 1st place Livestock Eval
- Windom: 1st place Floriculture
- Mountain Lake: 1st place Talent
- Mountain Lake: 1st place Farm Business Management (ML Caleb Rempel took 1st individual)
Congratulations to all teams and individuals who participated in this year's convention!
Also during the convention, six FFA members from across Minnesota were elected to serve as the 2013-2014 Minnesota FFA Officers at the fourth general session of the 84th Minnesota FFA Convention at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Elected to represent the over 9,000 FFA members of Minnesota and voted on by the delegates were: Sentinel- Heidie Sloot, GFW Pioneer Express; Reporter- Brandon Roiger, Sleepy Eye; Treasurer- Dylan Antoff, Winona; Secretary- Brooke Wente, Morris Area; Vice President- Stuart Schumacher, Southwest Star Concept; and President Mallory Pagel, Fulda.
The six FFA members were chosen by a nominating committee from a pool of 23 candidates. Each candidate was required to complete an extensive application as well as five rounds of interviews. The newly elected state officers will go through an extensive training process before putting on different events and conferences throughout Minnesota, as well as visiting with chapters and industry leaders before completing their year by planning the annual convention. Want to meet the newly elected state officers from the southwestern corner? Stay tuned to AM 730 KWOA as we'll be introducing them to the listening area!
In addition, congratulations to other teams that competed at Minnesota State FFA. Below are results from the WHS FFA teams:
- Nursery & Landscape (3rd place) Members: Aubery Anderson (gold), Brianna Kempema (gold), KC Riley (12th), Laura Schuck (7th)
- Soils (4th place) Members: Vannaly Phannara (silver), Miranda LeBrun (9th), Desalegn Zemenfes (silver), Alex Tang (3rd)
- Livestock Judging (6th place) Members: Cody Gravenhof (gold), Deron Soderholm (gold), Greg Newman (gold), Paige Gravenhof (silver)
- Ag Sales (8th) Members: Jacob Woll, Whitney Coriolan, Brandi Williams, Peter Scholtes
- Fish and Wildlife (31st) Members: Blake Rogers, Seth Meier, Ryan Lee, Alex Kremer
- Crops (Silver ranking) Members: Katie Rogers (gold), Lauren Martin (bronze), Ashley Jansma (silver), Alex Thompson (bronze)
- Forestry (Bronze ranking) Members: Joe Paveko, Andrew Nystrom, Allison Kremer, Betsy Thompson
- Parliamentary Procedure: (Silver ranking) Members: Alex Tang, Mariah Slocum, Janie Theppalad, Ashley Fritz, Vannaly Phannara, Nate Gustaf
- Floral Design (15th) Members: Sarah Machado, Morgan LeBrun, Karina Cuate, Hope DeNeui
- Small Animals (Bronze ranking) Members: McKenzie Kruse (silver), Clara Solma (bronze), Katherine Luke (bronze), Tori Elsing (bronze)
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Mariah Slocum (silver) Creed Speeking: Katie Rogers (4th place)
- Prepared Public Speaking: Emily Williamson (6th)
The 84th Minnesota FFA Convention was held April 28-30 in St. Paul and drew 3,000-plus FFA members, advisors and guests from across the state. The FFA mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. Visit www.mnffa.org for more information.
MORE CDE RESULTS WILL BE LISTED HERE. Check back for updates